Friday, July 16, 2010

De-carbing...

Not sure if "decarbing" is an actual word, but my oh my- I need to start! Ten days in Italy- non stop pizza, pasta, biscotti and gelato! Thank god for walking- jeez- it was a 10 day eating orgy!!!

Sicily was "nice", but not like the rest of Italy- Southern Italy in general is a bit run down. Not like Tuscany or Lake Como- so after a week in Sicily, we high tailed it up north a bit to the most gorgeous place on earth- the Amalfi coast and Capri. Blindingly beautiful... no words for there except- well, none actually...

Back to Sicily: The house was lovely, but creepy as expected. Many 16th century portraits stairing down at me from all walls. And my disturbed imagination to give them life led to a few sleepless moments!!

Here are a few pics of here and there:

On Top of Mount Etna

Worth Every Calorie!!

The view down from the top of capri

Altogether, I have over 400 pics, but there is just so much time I can figure out what to put on... Mount Etna was other worldly- as most active volcanos are, I would guess. And populated by millions of lady bugs- which also most active volcanos are for some reason.

Now, back to the jewelry factory- my hands has a 10 day rest- ready to get dirty again!!!

xoxo

3 comments:

KKreates said...

Beautiful shots!! I'd love to see e the inside of the house?

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time - what beautiful photos. I was fortunate enough to travel thru Italy on a train and saw some absolutely gorgeous country. I ended up in Venice and completely fell in love....welcome home!

marajoyce said...

It was amazing! Italy never fails to please! I did forget to take pics of the inside of the house. It was really elegant but for some reason has a zillion vases of what looked like the head of Yasser Arafat- never figured out that one...