Thursday, August 6, 2009

Egypt Awaits...

so- off to Cairo tonight! If it is anything like trying to get a visa- should be nothing short of an adventure. The Egyptian consulate was a hair shy of efficient- and that's stretching it. After sending me around the city to make copies of my forms, they told me to come next day to pick it up.
So, I arrived and was told to go buy stickers. Just that! What kind of stickers and for what- no clue. When I sked, I as told loudly "YOU ARE DISMISSED!
So I bought stickers- plain- not wth Sponge Bob and came back- apparently to write my name on the passport- Isuppose stickers are not in the consulate budget- Iasked when to pick it up- after asking 2 times and still not sure I WAS DISMISSED AGAIN!!!
In the end, we got out visas and are leaving tonight- staying over night in the desert in Israel, and getting to the border early tomorrow to try and figure out how to get the bus to Ciro- which is supposed to be a gorgeous 6 hour drive through the Sinai mountains!
Maybe fun and thrills at the border crossing await us- the Egyptian guard are always so delightful- maybe we should come with muffins...
But cairo sounds super cool and different, and after traveling through India- the "oh, what a dirty city" doesnt phase us.
So, back on Tuesday with stories and pictures galore... Bye

No comments: