Saturday, October 23, 2010

Take your daughter to work day!





I have been trying forever it seems to get my kids interested in learning how to make jewelry. And shocker of all shockers, they could care less about learing. My 16 years old son in still working on buttering his bagel on his own, so a fire and torch and saw, seemed a bit daunting, I suppose.






But today!!! Today I got my daughter to learn to make a ring with me. She picked out the stone and what style she wanted- she used the torch- she filed the metal- she soldered the parts and set the stone.






And this is the outcome! Isnt it great? It gave her a smile from ear to ear.

So we crowned her the ring princess!


Any my son did a hell of a job on the bagel, to boot! A good saturday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job!