Tuesday, September 14, 2010

back to metal



I forgot how much I love working with metal- just metal- dont get me wrong- I adore stones- they are like candy to me- I cant get enough- but something about working just with metal- you can beat the hell out of it- it doesnt chip- break- or crack- it doesnt fly off the workbench and dissapear into thin air. It just is what it is!




Pliable- even though it doesnt seem like it should be- shining up even after it looks like hell- forgiving in all manners- except when i melt gold- other than that...




Today I went back to metal and tried a new idea I was thinking up in bed early this morning. In place of stone, I would make cabs from etched metal and then set them like stones in bezels.



Came out super cool- rustic and earthy- just the way I like it!









Continuing on with metal...
I would love t o show you the rest, but this blog doesnt want to cooperate with my pics- so for now...












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty...love them.

KKreates said...

Wow, the gold really sets it off. As usual very cool designs!

marajoyce said...

Thank you! I do like it when I wander into uncharted territory!